What to do in Richmond
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport offers the best of both worlds - we're 5 miles from Richmond International Airport (RIC) and a short drive to downtown Richmond and popular attractions like Richmond Canal Walk and Richmond International Raceway. View our list of what to do in Richmond below.
- Edgar Allen Poe Museum (7.0 miles) - Housed in the "Old Stone House," visitors can see one of the world's largest collections of Edgar Allen Poe's original manuscripts, first editions, letters, and personal belongings. The museum also depicts Poe's life in early 19th century Richmond.
- Richmond Canal Walk(7.0 miles) - The Richmond Canal Walk spans 1.25 miles in downtown Richmond and presents four centuries of Richmond's history. Visitors may access the walkway from 5th, 7th, Virginia, 14th, 15th, and 17th Streets.
- Virginia State Capitol (7.5 miles) - The Capitol building is open to visitors daily with guided tours available Monday through Saturday. Self-Guided tours are available during operating hours each day.
- Science Museum of Virginia (8.7 miles) - The Science Museum of Virginia features the world's first computer/video planetarium projection system, the world's largest kugel ball, and various other must-see attractions.
- The Shops at White Oak Village (0.1 miles) - Located directly across the street from the hotel, the Shops at White Oak Village features various national, and regional retailers as well as restaurants.
- Stony Point Fashion Park (17.4 miles) - Stony Point Fashion Park is an open-air mall featuring many unique and high-end retailers.
- The National Theatre (6.8 miles) - The historic National Theatre is the only surviving auditorium on "Theatre row." The National Theatre is used today as a performing arts and music venue.
- Richmond International Raceway (9.0 miles) - Richmond International Raceway hosts the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Nationwide Series.